Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people and then spread between people such as with MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV, and now with this new virus (named SARS-CoV-2).
1. Health care provider orders and receives the AvellinoCoV2 test kit.
2. Health care provider collects swab samples from the patient’s nose and mouth.
3. Health care provider ships patient’s sample to Avellino’s laboratory.
4. Avellino conducts lab testing.
5. Avellino prepares the patient report.
6. Avellino sends the results to your health care provider.